- A standard guitar pickguard that will fit most telecaster style guitars
- Solid black plastic material
- Slot for neck pickup with screw holes to allow pickup to be mounted directly to the pickguard
- Please check the screw hole positioning on our diagram matches your guitar
A plastic scratchplate for a telecaster type of guitar
The telecaster is a very popular shape for an electric guitar. These pickguards have a slot cutout for a
soapbar pickup and height adjusting screw holes each end of the slot.
The cutout is compatible with the controls and neck pickups that we sell in our shop.
Please note that we cannot guarantee this will be an exact replacement for an existing scratchplate.
If you are replacing an existing pickguard, and since strat pickguards come in a
number of different shapes and sizes, please printout a template of this item to check the
size and shape is correct before you purchase.
In order to print these at the correct size you will need to do the following:
- - Right click on the box at the left of the image you require and select save as to save it to your hard drive.
- - Open the drawing using windows paint utility
- - Click on [file] tab and select [Page Setup]
- - Select the following options
- -- Paper Size - select A4
- -- Orientation - select portrait
- -- Centering Untick horizontal and untick vertical
- -- Margins - Set all 4 margins to 0
- -- Scaling - adjust to 100% normal size
You can then use File - print to print out the template on your printer.
I have added horizontal and vertical 100mm scale lines to each template.
Use a ruler to check the templates are the correct size.
Check the horizontal and vertical scaling lines on the printout and make any
adjustment to the scaling and reprint again until you get the scaling lines exactly 100mm long.