- First and second strings are plain nylon. Other strings are multi core nylon Sliver plated round wound.
- Each of the first 5 strings are in pairs ( 2 of each string supplied) The 6 string is individual ( 1 string supplied)
- These strings can be used for various oud tunings. Regardless which tuning you decide to use, you should fit them in the order 1st - 6th as on the packets.
- Packs are labelled G-1st 0.28 (2) nylon, D-2nd 0.32 (2) nylon, A-3rd 0.25 (2) silver plated wound
- E-4th 0.29 (2) Silver plated wound, B-5th 0.33 (2) Silver plated wound, F#-4th 0.41 (1) Silver plated wound,
6 course oud is commonly used in Egyptian, Syrian, Palestinian, Lebanese, Iraqi, Arabian, Jewish, Persian, Greek, Armenian, Turkish, Azerbaijani, North African (Chaabi, Classical, and Spanish Andalusian), Somali, and various other forms of Middle Eastern and North African music.